We made it through Thanksgiving, now it's almost Christmas. We split Thanksgiving between Alabama and home. My brother Shawn and his family were coming to my Mom's and our youngest daughter was coming to our house for Thanksgiving. So we spent time in both places.
Now on to how the rest of 2019 went...
Jarin spent a month in Jan -Feb visiting her friend in Washington state. She got to see cold and snow and she caught strep throat :(
Hubby and I got to enjoy Colonoscopies a week apart. My first, the end of February and his second in March. My Dad had colon cancer in 1999 so the doctors have been on me to have it done. I put it off as long as I could. All's well that ends well, we're good.
Our new toy in April
In July, Cori changed jobs again. She gets to use her artist side in this job, designing pins and logos and such.
Hubby's late brother Mike's son got married in October. We were proud for him, he has always been a good kid / man. He was our ringbearer when we got married. We missed Mike being there.
Cori and Elliot brought us the respiratory crud at Thanksgiving and it's one that likes to linger. I'm a little bit ahead of Hubby and Jarin getting over it.
So here we are near the end of December. Mom has to have a procedure done after the first of the year. It's something they've been watching for years but time to take care of it now. Hubby's Mom had a recent fall and is in rehab to get her strength up. So please send up prayers for my loved one's in need. Thank you!
Soon the year 2020 will be here and we are up to date on the years I missed.
Take care,
Sheila
Cori and Elliot brought us the respiratory crud at Thanksgiving and it's one that likes to linger. I'm a little bit ahead of Hubby and Jarin getting over it.
So here we are near the end of December. Mom has to have a procedure done after the first of the year. It's something they've been watching for years but time to take care of it now. Hubby's Mom had a recent fall and is in rehab to get her strength up. So please send up prayers for my loved one's in need. Thank you!
The oversized chair and ottoman we recently got rid of. I loved it but it was too big.
(Cori and Shawn's kids Madi and Noah )
Take care,
Sheila
Good to see you back. I can't believe the kids in the chair is 25, 21,and 20 years old now. Beautiful kids and grown young ladies and man. Looking forward to see y'all this weekend.
ReplyDeletesounds like you've been busy. i hope you have a wonderful holiday. enjoy.
ReplyDeleteThank you! Hope your holiday is wonderful too! I hope you were able to find another tree.
DeleteThanks for this update! My son used to have a chair very similar to the one in your last photo; much to his wife's dismay, even when it began to fall apart he refused to get rid of it. At least now it's relegated to the upstairs den so they're both happy. Wishing you all a most wonderful Christmas!
ReplyDeleteWe had a matching couch at one time but it wore out, the chair wasn't used as much so it was still in good shape. But I wanted a smaller chair for the bedroom so I let it go.
DeleteWishing you a wonderful Christmas too!
DeleteSherry said, "Southern Comfort has one one." I thought you had thrown a big drunk! LOL But I feel for Jarin even if it is over. I have had it once, BUT STILL remember it. Happy for Cori, it is great for some one to do what they enjoy, I love it when a person can get paid for their 'art', in my opinion that is unusual. The term 'starving Artist' is a firm fact, over all. Reading this makes me feel good. Your mom is an 'unforgettable' person. I guess it runs in the family. One short visit STICKS!
ReplyDeleteLove from Clerbrook RV Park.
Oh, I am still holding off 'enjoying' the colonoscopy, Sherry's side leans to cancer so she takes care of that. I'm skeered. If you get to see mama over the holidays hug her tight for us.
Sherry & jack
Mama got on to me, said I haven't updated my blog lately...ha. We will see Mom over Christmas so I'll give her a hug from you two. Have a very Merry Christmas!
DeletePS. With all the things going on it put me behind, so I didn't get Christmas cards out this year.